Wednesday 27 February 2008

Weds 27 Feb

Just back from Oxford--arrived just after midnight, woken in the night by the earth tremour (feeling slightly seasick!) and then up early as it's my partner's birthday today. The cleaner can't come this week, her back is out again. We've got six people staying the night and a big party on Friday, and then I'm off to Poland for this conference, leaving on Saturday night, so i need to get into town to change some currency, unearth my suitcase, burn a CD with the musical examples I'm going to play and make a handout... and clean the bath.

Having spent two days in Oxford, I'm starting to wonder if I will get any research / writing done this week. I'm sure this is a familiar feeling for other people. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Just remember to breathe, and enjoy the people who are staying in your house - and it will be fine! Best of luck at the conference, though I'm sure you won't need it as you're quite prepared. :) Thanks for the positive feedback last night.